Active Topics

Ive got my n900 in multi boot (1. normal maemo, 2. maemo kernel power, 3. nitdroid) and it come up with 2 slightly different updates for lixux power kernel. So i installed them (apart from one says it didnt install because of something to do with multi-boot), turned phone off, turned it back on and pressed 2 to boot maemo kernel power (so you can use overclocking) and its just stuck in bootloop (vibrates, nokia logo on white scree, screen goes black) and does it over and over again until i take battery out. When i put battery back in, it auto switches on and does the exact same again. I left battery out for a few hours and then put it back in and i could select which one i want to boot off. So i press 1 (normal maemo) and its booted up perfect. What can i do to fix this? I dont fancy reflashing but i feel i might have to. Anyone shead some light on this? Thanks.

I reflashed it now anyway. So is the update safe to do if the phones totally standard just with kernel power for overclocking?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is some other thread with this issue, but i do not find it right now.
The solution is to reinstall or install at all kernel-power-bootimg solves the issue.
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-bootimg
You have to choose the new kernel with open keyboard in the multiboot menu at the reboot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ uk, lincolnshire
thanks michaaa62 i was in the same position as ash but could still boot in kernel power i just could not overclock it strange but after that simple xterm code im back running at 900 thank you.