Active Topics

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Just to get a feel from the community , what do you use NITdriod for ?

I use it only to access markets and the app/games in market.

Last edited by vivmak; 2011-05-09 at 04:26.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I use it do debug apps I develope, since it got usb connection working.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Just to get a feel from the community , what do you use NITdriod for ?

I use it only to access markets and the app/games in market.
Spelling Vivmak, it's NITDroid

Like you I am using it for the apps, and I must admit I have installed a lot of useless apps, which goes to show that it doesn't matter what Mobile OS one is running, every OS has loads of useless apps, which just take up space.

Another reason for using NITDroid is to see how Android works, and to get to know the little quirks, the shortcut keys, to check out the features etc?
I still believe the N900 is one of the best suited devices (physically) for Android.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Just for show off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
for live profile and ping chat mainly. all my mates have moved to them and I refuse to get facebook again. there was never anything wrong with windows live messenger. damn I hate hypes...

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
i must admit, i am more than happy with Maemo - task switcher, close app, kill apps as you wish etc AND BIG ONE IS NO ADVERTISEMENTS, if u can afford an app or game then buy it

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
My main use of nitdroid is refraining from buying an android device when I get that itching that I need to play with a new gadget. It saved me spending too many bucks. I play with nitdroid, touch with my hand how boring is android in comparison with maemo, switch off nitdroid and come back home

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
My main use of nitdroid is refraining from buying an android device when I get that itching that I need to play with a new gadget....
You speak better than I can speak for myself!

I just moved. In the past, it was books and journels that get me complaint about the move. Now it is gadgets, and accessories. It sounds not much, but if you include the original packing box, manuals, cables, batteries, accessory... It is fun when you want it, it is pain when you have to manage them after purchase. Nitdroid is good. Thanks e-yes.

bun

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
For me it's apps, games, and showing off.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Totally agree with you debernardis I was really curious and wonder what's the big deal with android anyway? So thanks to NITDroid I can fully explore it. Its like going to a test drive of a car you will not buy

Maemo is better but Android is more polished even in its current state as a port.

I use it mainly to surf with flash 10.2 , use Twitter and Facebook apps and playing some non market games if you know what I mean

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011