Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
Hello,

I have this application request for musicplayer that is easy to use in car (via fmtx or 3.5mm plug)

First there is pic of rough desing of UI that im looking for in attachments.

So it would be really simple player. Acts a bit like car indash mp3 players.

Features that would be nice to have:

- In settings you could setup "root" dir for you music, change button colors (red, green, blue) and display selction (mp3 tag or folder/filename) (settings would be in dropdown menu)

- In dropdown menu there could selections for repeat(song/folder/off), random(folder/all), settings and fmtx.

- Buttons: search, vol/seek(selects if seekbar is for song seek or volume control), previous file, play/pause, stop, previous folder, next folder and next file.

- Search button would open new view where you could select folder or file. When selecting folder you get list of folder you have under "root" dir and after selcting folder you get list of files in that folder so you can select file to play. When selecting file you get list of all files (files would be ordered by folder/alphabetically) and list would be in that postion in what folder and file you are playing currently.

- In display area in first line you could see Artist name (from mp3tag) or folder name wich is currently playing. In second line you could see Song tittle (from mp3 tag) or filename that is currently playing. Lines could be scrolling if tittle longer than fits in display area. Scrolling could be like first line scrolls first and stops and then second line scrolls and stops etc.

So here is app that i would like to see in future. If i had know-how to code my self i would. Only thing i could code is hello world in C . I hope some nice developer sees potential in this request.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
i find that the stock media player has a simple and uncluttered enough interface for use in a car.The buttons areas are fairly easy to hit.

Other suggestions:

Try the Open media player, has the same inteface as stock plus an "entertainment" view which is basically full screen.

Install queenbeecon widget and have a desktop view with custom widgets on for media control via big buttons. I did something similar on my N800 with personal launcher and dbus commands.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
Yes, i have thought that but stock mediaplayer doesnt have folder playing option. For example i have alpine indash mp3player in my car and got to say that that is really easy to use and i like the way it handles tracks folder basis. Actually i would love to make this application myself but with this little coding experience i guess its not possible. I guess i have to keep using mediabox wich is pretty neat but if it had no album art and bigger buttons, it would do fine.