Hi All,
I just sweep this forum top to bottom but I couldn't find a solution
No Flash mode | No Green Light | Only Orange | No Nokia Logo
Battery Is OK & brought a new one too, Yet nothing
USB + U key no use
I'm annoyed by this since Friday
Help me someone!

BTW When I connected the phone to PC (without pressing U) sometimes it tries to install a Driver (NOKIA BOOT ROM) What is that?
At last it shows as Device Unplugged

Last edited by mnhaqeel; 2011-06-14 at 08:23.

Broken LCD?

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Broken LCD?
Thanks for the reply
but Nope, It was working fine

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by mnhaqeel View Post
Thanks for the reply
but Nope, It was working fine
Does the LCD display anything?

I had a similar problem a few months back, and it was becuase the LCD randomly died on me.

The only was I was able to determine this was by refashing, booting up blindly, and seeing if the phone vibrates when I touch the screen (as I disable the touch screen vibrate feedback).

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Does the LCD display anything?

I had a similar problem a few months back, and it was becuase the LCD randomly died on me.

The only was I was able to determine this was by refashing, booting up blindly, and seeing if the phone vibrates when I touch the screen (as I disable the touch screen vibrate feedback).
No Vibration too
if the LCD is dead at least I will be able to do things blindly as you said but the thing is flasher isn't recognizing the device, that means it's just not going to the flash mode
Device not found, waiting!

your battery is quite dead, charge it with an external charger, or use another phone like 5800 to charge it.
and since you say you got a new battery, it maybe flat too.

to make sure this is the case, measure the voltage at the terminals of the battery using a multimeter.

the voltage should be > 3.6 , for the n900 to be able to boot into charging mode.

when the n900's led is orange (not blinking) it is charging in autonomous mode, it slowly charges the battery till it's voltage is up to 3.6v then it will boot into charging mode (blinking led).

so I suggest measuring the battery's voltage, if you find it lower than 3.6, then leave the n900 to charge it in autonomous mode over usb for some time, to be sure leave it for one hour, then if your n900 hasn't started, measure the battery's voltage again.
if it has increased but still lower than 3.6, give it more time.

if the battery's voltage isn't increasing either the battery is dead(goes to trash)
or the charing circuit in the phone has gone faulty(goes to nokia for repair)

to know which case is it, you will have to use an external charger/ check the battery in another phone..

there may be a case like below , the battery's voltage is increasing though the phone is not starting..
reason :
your rootfs/kernel needs reflashing and your battery is flat.

if these occur at the same time, well your n900 will never boot into charging mode, ie. you won't see the blinking led, and still you won't be able to flash the phone as the battery is not at least 50% charged..

in this case, similar to before you will have to use an external charger/another phone for charging..
then once you are sure the battery is fully charged, (battery voltage is 4.2)
connect the n900 to pc with the battery out, press and hold 'U' on n900's keyboard then insert the battery, it should go into flashing mode (usb icon in top right corner of screen)

Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
your battery is quite dead, charge it with an external charger, or use another phone like 5800 to charge it.
and since you say you got a new battery, it maybe flat too.
I gave my battery to my friend who got a N900 too!
He charged it completely till it green and the battery works fine on his phone (shows 100%) but not working in mine
so I don't think battery have a issue on this

but before I gave him the battery it was showing orange light and it offs in 30 min but after he gave me it fully charged it's showing nothing now

BTW Thank you for the reply

Originally Posted by mnhaqeel View Post
I gave my battery to my friend who got a N900 too!
He charged it completely till it green and the battery works fine on his phone (shows 100%) but not working in mine
so I don't think battery have a issue on this

but before I gave him the battery it was showing orange light and it offs in 30 min but after he gave me it fully charged it's showing nothing now

BTW Thank you for the reply
well, ruling out the battery, the charging ciruit ..

is your usb port intact ? maybe your rootfs is corrupt and data lines of the usb port has broken of the pcb ..
that way you can't flash and you can't start the phone..
you can fix this yourself (need soldering iron and some solder) /send it to nokia

another possibility is that nolo has been somehow overwritten ..
have you played in anyway with dd and mtd devices ?
anyway if that's the case try cold flashing..

https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_.../Cold_Flashing

replace image.bin by the correct image name..

last thing well... maybe something has gone totally wrong with your n900 and the processor/ram/ the onenand chip has gone faulty in that case you will have to send it to nokia for repair/ replacement.

can you give more info about how did this happen ? what commands did you run ? what did you install/remove ? did you drop the phone ? do you over clock aggressively ? do you unplug/plug your n900 to usb/charger in an physically aggressive way (usb port is quite weak) ?

Last edited by ivyking; 2011-06-14 at 09:21.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Looks like if you have a Windows 7 64 bits (or I guess any 64 bit windows) you'll have more problems detecting the device. It would be better if you tried to flash via one Ubuntu BootCD.

Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
well, ruling out the battery, the charging ciruit ..

is your usb port intact ? maybe your rootfs is corrupt and data lines of the usb port has broken of the pcb ..
that way you can't flash and you can't start the phone..
you can fix this yourself (need soldering iron and some solder) /send it to nokia
Myself, is it possible?
how would I do if I got any issue on the USB Port?

Thank You!