Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
Hey everybody,

My apologies if this has been covered in the other S2 thread or elsewhere. I’ve tried searching and came up with no results.

Even though I hardly post in these forums, I read through threads all the time. I’ve had my N900 for almost 2 years now, and I still find this phone excels at things that even current devices/OS’s still lag behind. However, I would like to venture into Android’s turf as my secondary phone.

I’ve checked out the Galaxy S2 and it looks really good so far. For anyone that has that phone, what is the audio quality like compared to the N900? I’ve only managed to listen to a random Samsung song at the shops, and it wasn’t a good song to judge the sound quality of the phone and it was noisy all around me.

I use Sony earbuds and an AKG k240 mkii headphone for my music listening (mostly rock/alternative/metal) on my N900, and I find the music quality really good (my earphones do the equalizing so I don’t need an EQ in the N900).

Before I get flamed: my N900 already has NITDroid N11 and CSSM in it. I’ve already mucked around with NITDroid and it’s quite compelling bar its multitasking methods. The N9 is quite promising to me, and is something I’ll consider sometime next year to replace my N900 if it lives up to surrounding hype at the moment.

Thanks in advance

it have have mono speaker. n900 have 2

n900 is a bit better especially u can tweak things like BASS. but s2 isnt that bad

but u can find decent , test nitdroid around if u can find one.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
thanks jo21. i actually meant audio quality using headphones, not via its external speakers...

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
sorry for going off topic ever so slightly.. hey besides quality of ear buds through said systems ask how fast internet radio through bt drains battery. im curious if s2 lasts longer.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
The sound quality is with the right headphones great but i wouldn't use the samsung ones.i use sennheiser in ear headphones and they are just epic.
Regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

I use my UE Triple Fi 10 with N900 and has a very good sound quality. But the volume is kinda low though.

Not sure about GS2. If you want the best audio quality, go for GS1 with voodoo sound kernel. The sound is amazing quality and powerfully loud. Thats the best audio reproduction for a phone out there.

However voodoo kernel doesnt work with SG2 as it has yamaha chipset

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I can't comment on the S2 but the S1 was crap compared to N900. One of the reasons I ditched it after 1month. Using Sennheiser and shu headphones. The GalaxyTab also sounds poor compared to N900 and so did the OmniaHD. I think audioqual is not one of Samsung's strengths.
But again, I have not had time to try an S2 yet.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
I use my UE Triple Fi 10 with N900 and has a very good sound quality. But the volume is kinda low though.
Have you tried volumecontroldaemon ? Works wonders.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
if an android phone that is from this year has less good audio than two year old n900 then it really is bigfail.

Cause I planned to buy SII until n9 got announced now I wait...

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
It's sorta announced, expect n9 late september-ish. Dunno about the SGSll, but when the n900 came out it was one of the best out there sound output quality wise and I bet you won't hear much difference from the best handsets of today. It still is good, there are even mods to improve it or make it louder. You might consider using the N900 as audio player for it haz more EMMC space by miles.