Active Topics

Hello N900 and Microsoft Exchange server users!

I have a problem and wanted to check if you have that too, and if it is a "problem" or built that way.

My Microsoft Exchange account is set to synchronize (mail, contact and calendar) every one hour, HOWEVER when a network link is lost and reestablished it synchronizes right away.

In my case when I travel on an underground metro train that goes in an out of tunnels (and network coverage) my N900 resynchronizes with Exchange every single time it connects to the Internet, disregarding the fact that it is set for one hour interval and just synced 5 minutes ago.

Many thanks in advance!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Not sure about MfE. I have that same "effect" with a standard IMAP account.

Mine is set to synchronize every hour, but it always synchronizes when the N900 goes online. And then every hour (not every 60 minutes after first sync, but at the hour o'clock if you see what I mean).

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Hello N900 and Microsoft Exchange server users!

I have a problem and wanted to check if you have that too, and if it is a "problem" or built that way.

My Microsoft Exchange account is set to synchronize (mail, contact and calendar) every one hour, HOWEVER when a network link is lost and reestablished it synchronizes right away.

In my case when I travel on an underground metro train that goes in an out of tunnels (and network coverage) my N900 resynchronizes with Exchange every single time it connects to the Internet, disregarding the fact that it is set for one hour interval and just synced 5 minutes ago.

Many thanks in advance!
I have mine connected always, and it does the same thing, connection change trigger the sync, it shouldn't if not always connected. I tested the setting 30mins checking internal, and manually switching back and fort between my wifi and 3g connection, it didn't trigger the sync after the first occurence.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-08-26 at 10:07.

Thanks for testing and your input.

So would it be right to file this as a bug (I know Nokia cares not much about Maemo these days)?

MfE sync at every metro station and renders my N900 unusable with the cpu load of MfE being so high so often.