Active Topics

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
so, recently i formatted my phone and started from ground zero.
then i decided to install power kernel 49 and 720p videos.
because of that, some doubts came to my mind and i would aprecciate if you guys help me.

1- Why my Qcpufreq is in scale CONSERVATIVE?
Before i reset my phone it showed me ONDEMAND (KP48). Now, if i set it to 1GHz Ideal profile, when i come back it is 850MHz! I dont know why.

2- How can i get back to ondemand?

3- After 3 long hours i made my N900 able to play 720p videos, but, the test video in the thread runs freezing, not smooth, i think its because DSP. How can i overclock DSP?

4- How can i RECORD 720p videos with my N900? i thought i'd be able to record with camera-ui, but not.

This is it. My questions. Hope you can help me. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to trigaum For This Useful Post:
how to upgrade from kernel power 48 to kernel power 49....even i wanna play 720p videos on my n900.....

Originally Posted by trigaum View Post
so, recently i formatted my phone and started from ground zero.
then i decided to install power kernel 49 and 720p videos.
because of that, some doubts came to my mind and i would aprecciate if you guys help me.

1- Why my Qcpufreq is in scale CONSERVATIVE?
Before i reset my phone it showed me ONDEMAND (KP48). Now, if i set it to 1GHz Ideal profile, when i come back it is 850MHz! I dont know why.

2- How can i get back to ondemand?

3- After 3 long hours i made my N900 able to play 720p videos, but, the test video in the thread runs freezing, not smooth, i think its because DSP. How can i overclock DSP?

4- How can i RECORD 720p videos with my N900? i thought i'd be able to record with camera-ui, but not.

This is it. My questions. Hope you can help me. Thanks!

You should to learn to use the search function!!.. But right now i'm feeling jobless.. so here we go

1. I also donno why .... may be you had a custom kp profile with conservative settings/ used batterry patch ? ... uninstall them and see

2. kernel- config load default ... then kernel config show... you should have on-demand back.... you can tinker with a custom file too.

3.here .....http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...70&postcount=5 ...... only baseline profile will be played back smoothly.

4. use the files on this post. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=536 ... reboot the phone after installation ..... make sure to lock the cpu at-least 800 dsp 600 with adequate voltage while recording.

hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
How do you know if a videos been encoded using the baseline profile?