Active Topics

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
my N900 is acting weird now. i flashed it few days ago. now it eat alot of battery. and also sometimes whenever i try to connect to my wireless router and it says unable to connect to network. try again ? and when i change time format from 24 hour format to 12 hour format it changes it back to 24 hour after restarting n900. any help. besides nitdroid is just working like a charm with no problem.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2011-10-28 at 13:03.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
  • Has this device been overclocked before?
  • Have you checked under `top' (or `htop) for which process is using the most CPU?
  • Have you checked `dmesg' as to reasons why you cannot connect to a wireless router?
  • Which firmware did you use?
  • Which programs did you install since the reflash?
  • Did you enable repositories such as extras-testing and/or extras-devel and install programs from those repositories?
  • Have you submerged the device into some liquid or have exposed your device to some liquid? Has it been exposed to extreme moisture areas?

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
  • Has this device been overclocked before?
  • Have you checked under `top' (or `htop) for which process is using the most CPU?
  • Have you checked `dmesg' as to reasons why you cannot connect to a wireless router?
  • Which firmware did you use?
  • Which programs did you install since the reflash?
  • Did you enable repositories such as extras-testing and/or extras-devel and install programs from those repositories?
  • Have you submerged the device into some liquid or have exposed your device to some liquid? Has it been exposed to extreme moisture areas?
yes i overclocked it sometime but then downgraded it to stock speed (600mhz). yes checked by typing top in terminal. xorg is the only process consuming about 4% of cpu. im on PR 1.3. i have installed some apps will give you the list tomorrow and i also have enabled all repositories and installed apps from them also. and device is not exposed to any time liquid or moisture. and fixed wifi problem. it was in power save mode and now it is working totally fine.

You might feel battery drain due to the stock voltages, because when you have overclocked there's a high possibility that you have used low voltage profiles which saves a lot of battery.
Also it could be due a bad flash, reflash and see it the battery drain is dramatic.

Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
You might feel battery drain due to the stock voltages, because when you have overclocked there's a high possibility that you have used low voltage profiles which saves a lot of battery.
Also it could be due a bad flash, reflash and see it the battery drain is dramatic.
im also thinking its because of bad flashing as i tried many time flashing it but it went failed bacause my windows XP didnt installed drivers correctly so flashed it using my home pc with Windows 7 32 bit. i will try reflashing it.

solved the problem. flashed my phone again and now its working fine. thanks everyone for helping me.