Active Topics

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
I finally updated my N9 to the new FW but got very disappointed with the battery life afterwards. It was draining like no tomorrow. After doing some reading on the excessive battery drainage from others with similar problem, the solution that may work to solve the issue is to restore the phone. I just did not do the restore but I cleared it to start off fresh. After doing so, the battery issue may have been sold but I cannot download any apps from the store. I get this notice: "Dependency notice...To complete installation, a conflicting application needs to be uninstalled....accept or cancel".......of course I click 'accept' but nothing happens....I've cleared the phone twice already and still getting the same result. Help? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com
We all need to start posting all we can in there, and vote for priority so they can do something about it.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Don't ever bother with a restore if you've got a flakey system,
That may have complicated things doing that before a full reset.
Another user had very similar issues, see how he finally got his working
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80009&page=5

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
It seems like my battery drainage problem is ok for now after clearing the device but my main concern now is, as I posted above, that I cannot download any app from the store.......any ideas for solution?

There's some other threads in this sub-forum that sound like they have similar issue.
See what they're discussing...
I'm not entirely surprised it didn't go away w/a full reset, you still haven't tried a re-flash.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-26 at 18:19.

Try enabling developer-mode. Reboot.

It worked for me. you can turn off the developer-mode later.

Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
I finally updated my N9 to the new FW but got very disappointed with the battery life afterwards. It was draining like no tomorrow. After doing some reading on the excessive battery drainage from others with similar problem, the solution that may work to solve the issue is to restore the phone. I just did not do the restore but I cleared it to start off fresh. After doing so, the battery issue may have been sold but I cannot download any apps from the store. I get this notice: "Dependency notice...To complete installation, a conflicting application needs to be uninstalled....accept or cancel".......of course I click 'accept' but nothing happens....I've cleared the phone twice already and still getting the same result. Help? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Enabling developer mode actually created a worse battery drain for me. Where I was once recharging almost every other day, with developer mode turned on, I'm barely getting through just one day.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Enabling developer mode actually created a worse battery drain for me. Where I was once recharging almost every other day, with developer mode turned on, I'm barely getting through just one day.
Yes, but it solves the store issue.
After disabling the developer-mode, my battery drain went back to normal.

sometimes i have 2 process that drains my battery:
homescreen
messageserver

killing homescreen (it auto-restart) solves my battery problem...
Don't know why, but it works....
Now i have a 20mA on 3g and MfE. 10mA on 2G.

Originally Posted by josuema View Post
Try enabling developer-mode. Reboot.

It worked for me. you can turn off the developer-mode later.

I've tried this and it's the same, it won't install.

I would get "Installation failed; developer-mode --- installation interrupted".....

Folks, I appreciate the responses about the battery drainage but again, that issue seemed to have solved itself after I cleared the device.....my main and only concern now is I STILL CANNOT DOWNLOAD APPS FROM THE STORE......help?

Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
I've tried this and it's the same, it won't install.

I would get "Installation failed; developer-mode --- installation interrupted".....
Yet another indicator that the whole initial flash/upgrade was possibly dodgy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-26 at 18:21.