Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Due to the current state of the project, have the betatesters permission to share the current 0.4.0 beta version?
No, I know it would be hard for you to accept my decision, but I have good reasons. Beta testers have seen some touch of progress and they should be happy about it. Moreover I will not send any beta versions until I will finish first version of new project. Sorry one more time

Posts: 224 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Cairo ;Egypt
Originally Posted by som3a View Post
i don't know if this happen to you but i tried your compiled to fremantle version .. ! but it didn't work says ..

Code:
error while loading shared libraries : libQtFeedback.so.1 :cannot open shared object file : No such file or directory !!

no it work Only Make symlink to libQtFeedback.so.1 from opt/qtm12/lib it will work with you

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
No, I know it would be hard for you to accept my decision, but I have good reasons. Beta testers have seen some touch of progress and they should be happy about it. Moreover I will not send any beta versions until I will finish first version of new project. Sorry one more time

wait again

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Due to the current state of the project, have the betatesters permission to share the current 0.4.0 beta version?
Well, the only reason we had for not sharing it was that he wouldn't send new betas if we did. But he just said he wouldn't send any beta anyways. I made a donation for N64 support more than one year ago, and it is not even planned for the next version in 6 months. New version which will be based on Qt5, not officially supported on N9 !

And worst of all, I make a suggestion which sounds reasonable to me, and he doesn't even bother answering me directly.... Emumaster was supposed to be an open-source project. He could just copy the current source code on Github and someone else could package it as a development version. This would require very minimal work from him, and satisfy everybody, but he prefers to keep everyone waiting for no reason.

I consider that he didn't respect his share of the moral contract we had, I don't see any reason to respect mine. I don't like to be rude, but I'm really disappointed as he gave a lot of expectation with this project.

Beta testers have seen some touch of progress and they should be happy about it.
Beta testers gave you valuable feedback to improve your software and you should be happy about it. It may not happen in the same way in the future...

The Following User Says Thank You to AGui For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AGui View Post
Beta testers gave you valuable feedback to improve your software and you should be happy about it. It may not happen in the same way in the future...
I thought that I wrote some good "piece" of code for dead platform, but I'm clearly wrong, so it may not happen in the same way in the future...

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Elemental,

You don't hate all of us N9 users do you? I would be sad if you stopped supporting us. I always have appreciated your work. Thats why I keep dontating

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
I thought that I wrote some good "piece" of code for dead platform, but I'm clearly wrong, so it may not happen in the same way in the future...
You did, and you are a big part of the reason I am still using my n9. Who cares if games are being developed for it, I can play ff tactics on my n9 thanks to you. So if I have been waiting for a long time for a new version its not that big of deal, its not like the current version is broke. it works great.

Please keep up the good work, don't let some pessimistic people discourage you. I am always very happy when developers like you bring great apps to such a small user base on a dead platform. I will continue to be happy and thankful to all the devs that keep doing so.

At least from me and hopefully from others, Thank You and I will keep waiting, and keep using my current version happily.

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Elemental,

You don't hate all of us N9 users do you? I would be sad if you stopped supporting us. I always have appreciated your work. Thats why I keep dontating
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
Please keep up the good work, don't let some pessimistic people discourage you. I am always very happy when developers like you bring great apps to such a small user base on a dead platform. I will continue to be happy and thankful to all the devs that keep doing so.
I don't hate you, I am working hard every day, all day, and some guy knows everything better, how can I feel.

N9 will be first platform where new EmuMaster will be released. From this point I am focused on development, so I will not reply frequently.

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Guys, he can do whatever he wants, is his project, and his wishes, he even didn't have the need to release the code, but he did it. Go help him and code together if you want to see a better release of emumaster.

I feel lucky to have the oportunity to try such a nice emulator like no other platform had, even knowing MeeGo is a dead horse, even when he is only one man coding, with so much time and dedication needed (coding emulators is a hard task, it's not one-in-a-million fart app).

We should feel lucky to have access to the app for free, and me myself donate in the past for the project, and will do it again if i can motivate elemental to keep coding and supporting my phone and bring new cool features & fixes for the app. I'll do it without thinking a second. So please be nice and respect his decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Yes you did and you'll notice I never questionned that. You are free to do whatever you want with your project. It is your project. But this is more a question of respect for people who put trust in you... Actually I don't care, by the time the next version will be released, it's very likely I won't have an N9 anymore.

Go help him and code together if you want to see a better release of emumaster.
Isn't it exactly what I suggested ? But to code together, you need to access the code...