Active Topics

Well I'm not sure about the thread subject correlation, anyway just wanted to share my experience and let people involved in CSSU/KP to investigate on..

I've had N900 for almost a year using ideal voltage profile (500-850) with no problems at all.. then switched to stock profile and SR enabled....

Suddenly began to have sporadic network problems (no network after receiving sms or call, needed to reboot), and sometimes appeared infamous error message "SIM card registration failed", at least one time in a day.

Initially I thought of some software conflict (I installed AIS having 3G connection switcher, too), anyway after several install/uninstall the problem persisted.

So I tried to search the forum in order to investigate the problem (found paper method, hammer method, maybe motherboard problem after dropping the device - I really dropped it, once)...

Then I found someone claiming that voltages could be involved in causing the problem and I recalled I had SR enabled... I reverted to ideal profile and SR disabled and... It's over a month the problem has disappeared...

Now, I don't know if SR could trigger an existing hardware problem, anyway I think it could be worth investigating this idea; considering old profiles are deprecated, I'd like, one day, having the possibility to use SR...

Thanks for attention and sorry for my english...

Last edited by enne30; 2012-10-05 at 13:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Are you on KP or Sock kernel?
On stock kernel SR is known to be problamatic on some devices.

For stable SR(thanks to fremangordon), install latest Kernel-Power through *-devel, and see if the problem persists.

On a side note: (From my personel experience)

On rare occations some devices (like mine) with SR and when the bat level is very low, sometimes you lose the sim (network) Also lose your mic (other party might not hear anything while you are on a call - reboot is the only soultion)

My explainaition to the above situation is that the device gets too much undervolted (voltage acts somewhat -linear after a certain threshold ?)due to low battery level and the modem gives up at times.

I may suggest you to try the latest-KP fist incase you are on the stock kernel.

//nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2012-10-05 at 13:54.

Sorry forgot to say: latest CSSU stable + KP50