Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Reflash get wrong, no idea why...
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM went fine, and after reboot some crucial functions missing, no clock, no Internet connection and after few minutes device freeze.
Only workin image now is RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
but how to upgrade to PR 1.3?

What i`m doing wrong?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Without more information about the commands and operating system used, there is no real way of saying what went wrong for us. There's only speculation...

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Say what?
All download links for the official images seem to be in working order...
The latest FW is RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (PR1.3.1), which can be downloaded from Here (and also I created a mirror in case they do take it down eventually).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
OK sorry for wrong OP. Yesterday playing with U-boot and I did something wrong, newer mind, reflash is way out, right?

So I have Ubuntu, and followed procedure by the book, downloaded latest release from official RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
reflash device, reboot and huh... System was crippeled no clock, no IMEI, and after minute or two device stop responding.
After that i do procedure again and same result.
Without option downloaded

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

and granted me a normal system, just old. And that`s a situation, I have working device and I`m unable to push any kind of upgrade. App manager saying no updates available, X-term with apt-get update saying a have 1094 packages held back.

What is solution, how to push upgrade?

One more thing, I have Win with pc suite and reasnobly fresh backup, when i connect device, PC suite offers me upgrade, and when i fire upgrade device instantly reboot, and PC suite reports lost connection with device.
Any idea?

Originally Posted by uros View Post
OK sorry for wrong OP. Yesterday playing with U-boot and I did something wrong, newer mind, reflash is way out, right?

So I have Ubuntu, and followed procedure by the book, downloaded latest release from official RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
reflash device, reboot and huh... System was crippeled no clock, no IMEI, and after minute or two device stop responding.
After that i do procedure again and same result.
Without option downloaded

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

and granted me a normal system, just old. And that`s a situation, I have working device and I`m unable to push any kind of upgrade. App manager saying no updates available, X-term with apt-get update saying a have 1094 packages held back.

What is solution, how to push upgrade?

One more thing, I have Win with pc suite and reasnobly fresh backup, when i connect device, PC suite offers me upgrade, and when i fire upgrade device instantly reboot, and PC suite reports lost connection with device.
Any idea?
did you try this?

Originally Posted by NiQ View Post
Say what?
All download links for the official images seem to be in working order...
The latest FW is RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (PR1.3.1), which can be downloaded from Here (and also I created a mirror in case they do take it down eventually).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
did you try this?
Yes, right now, will see

Code:
RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
Hmm, still same - no clock, no status area, device stop responding after while

give us the complete list of the commands you are typing and the output thereof otherwise we can't help.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
give us the complete list of the commands you are typing and the output thereof otherwise we can't help.
How (commands, system OS used, ...) and what (rootfs, eMMC) did you flash?
So post full command please.

Did you try to do a full flash with eMMC first (backup data!) and then rootfs (no power up of device in between). See the wiki.
In case this did not help, under very rare circumstances you need to flash rootfs, then eMMc and then again rootfs (no power up).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-11-25 at 12:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
First solution, fully flash with eMMC first is on the way

@misterc
No time for commands, after boot i have only minute or two before stuck. I just try to connect to wlan, input my simple pass and voila, thats all...