Active Topics

Say for example I had a problem with my N900 (reboot loop) and had to reflash it.

what I would then do is:

1. install rootsh with application manager
2. install u-boot and backupmenu with application manager
3. restore my backups with backupmenu

but if I had no internet, I wouldn't be able to do steps 1 & 2... so is there a way to download all the needed packages beforehand so I can restore everything in the future, even if I'm offline?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Yes.

10chrs

Code:
sudo apt-get --print-uris --yes install rootsh bootmenu backupmenu | grep ^\' | cut -d\' -f2 >mydownload.txt
this doesn't work unfortunately because I already have those packages installed

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
A tedious way of doing this, if you have internet access on another device (eg the one you are using to view this forum now), is to use the Power Search on the right and search for rootsh, uboot and backupmenu, select packages, and navigate to the relevant package instance page to manually download the package eg for rootsh:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...el/rootsh/1.8/

You must also check to see what the dependancies are and download those packages too if they aren't already installed on a fresh install (eg i2c-tools for backupmenu).

I think you could then install rootsh by clicking on it from file manager, and then install the other files by dpkg -i.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
Code:
sudo apt-get --print-uris --yes install rootsh bootmenu backupmenu | grep ^\' | cut -d\' -f2 >mydownload.txt
this doesn't work unfortunately because I already have those packages installed
Add the --reinstall flag after 'install' to force APT to perform the install action.