There's a problem with my built in web browser when visiting facebook. It won't stop loading even if it already finished rendering the page and uses cpu a lot and it makes my n9 crash after a while. It heats up my n9 to 45degrees when i let it load. Any tips on how to fix this?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Just dont load facebook.

so is it fb or my phone?

That was happening to me too. Make sure you're accessing touch.facebook.com/home.php with no other characters appended to the end. It will do that when it tries to load it with the "rdr" option at the end. I don't know if it has anything to do with the web browser tweaks I had enabled before (UA-change) but that fixed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aorozco For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by lablueboy View Post
so is it fb or my phone?
Both, touch.facebook and facebook use a lot of ajax and js that can overload your cpu.

Just use m.facebook and you are gold!

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Both, touch.facebook and facebook use a lot of ajax and js that can overload your cpu.

Just use m.facebook and you are gold!
hmm, it's the m.facebook that's been using my cpu. D: and other fb clients are not good to use compared to website. thanks for the reply though.. i appreciate it

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
touch.facebook and m.facebook looks the same from the n9's stock browser.

crappiest html5 site i have ever seen and they throw mud at html5. after that they get owned buy another company that has a better html5 site than their native facebook app.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
touch.facebook and m.facebook looks the same from the n9's stock browser.

crappiest html5 site i have ever seen and they throw mud at html5. after that they get owned buy another company that has a better html5 site than their native facebook app.
On the N900 the best browser to get on facebook was Opera. This way m.facebook was just a plain html page and that's it, no javascript, no ajax, easy to load and easy to navigate.