Active Topics

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
Although this is not the cheapest option, I chose a ZAGG Invisible Shield for my n810. I chose the full-body option, but you can just buy the screen protector. See: http://www.zagg.com/
The Invisible Shield is supposed to be virtually undestructable--won't scratch or scuff. You can remove it and clean it if you want. It should pretty much last you for the life of your device.
I chose the full-body option because I didn't like the extra bulk that a leather case added to my Palm TX and wanted to use my n810 (mostly) without an external case.
One downside of the Invisible Shield is that it is a bit on the rubbery side. If you want a slick surface for the screen--if you do a lot of drawing for instance--then, you may want to choose something different.
The n810 full-body Invisible Shield covers almost every part of the device except for the bottom edge of the slide-out screen portion.
ZAGG has frequent promotions. I got my Invisible Shield last Winter when they had a 25% off sale for their gift cards. I got the card and then used it to buy the n810 Invisible Shield.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
my n800's been commando since new, but bought these for my new n8x0si

i did pay around £7 for my zagg, but haven't used it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-screen-pro...3A1%7C294%3A50

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
ok, after trying all super cheap eBay screen protectors, the iPod Touch 2nd Gen is the best one.

trim off about a half inch where the circle hole is, and a cm or so off the bottom (lengthwise).

this makes for an excellent *CHEAP* screen protector for the N810.

(like between $0.10 and $0.25 cents... I mean CHEAP)

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-05-19 at 07:09.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Just installed the Invisible Shield and I must say I am impressed... It is a bit rubbery, but you can hardly notice it on the screen. now if I could find a nice snap on metal cover I wouldn't need the pouch at all...

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
ok, after trying all super cheap eBay screen protectors, the iPod Touch 2nd Gen is the best one.

trim off about a half inch where the circle hole is, and a cm or so off the bottom (lengthwise).

this makes for an excellent *CHEAP* screen protector for the N810.

(like between $0.10 and $0.25 cents... I mean CHEAP)
Excellent. I see some two-packs for less than a dollar with free shipping. Thanks!

For owners of Brando's ultra-clean:

Is there any holes in this screen protector? (for camera, sensors?)
Or it protects screen only, not the whole front panel like Zagg?