Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
i think that you can add feature to lock rotation of several applications. When force rotation is enabled camera is of course rotating too (for me it's mainly problem of camera so if making tool to lock selected apps is needless i think nikolai can modify camera-ui2 to not rotateable even if force rotation is enabled - as function in settings for example).

Oh and second thing - the same way in photo view - rotating fullscreen photo is in conflict with cssu rotating

sorry if someone said it before but for me this problems are the biggest in portrait mode

Last edited by pawelstryju; 2011-06-22 at 22:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Forcerotate is not intended to be a system wide portrait mode. There'll be issues, don't use it or contribute to the targetted rotation concept for closed source apps which can't otherwise be fixed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
one more bug in a mail which was not present before the CSSU installation:
after a reboot, it forgets that I had clicked to sync contacts and calendar in MfE
I'm pretty sure that this bug is quite old, and is not specific to the CSSU...

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11557

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
My open source clone of Nokia proprietery OSSO Calculator is ready for next CSSU update. I think I fixed all bugs. Source code is on CSSU gitorious: https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/osso-calculator
Excellent, many thanks for that. My only comment would be a suggestion to not call your project osso-calculator, as it might be confusing. OSSO was, I believe, the name of the team (Open Source Software Operations) inside Nokia which helped make Maemo and the apps. I think osso-calculator should stay as the name of the Nokia-supplied closed app, and you could call yours open-calculator or something like that.

See other open source rewritten application in CSSU:
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/

All has same name (with osso prefix). Anyway I cannot change name, only +cssu-developers have permitions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
Oh and second thing - the same way in photo view - rotating fullscreen photo is in conflict with cssu rotating
It's true

10 characters

while applying this cmd "gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false" stops the autorotate of the task manager and menu, when using the phone app in portrait and then going to task manager - it makes the task manager go portrait which is what i want to avoid.

any suggestions?

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I have a feature request. Is it possible to better manage the length of time the FM transmitter stays connected? If I have my bluetooth headset paired, it seems that the fmtx shuts itself off after about 30 seconds. With the headset off, the fmtx stays on a couple of minutes.

The reason it becomes a concern is that I listen to podcasts on my N900 using the fmtx...But every 10 or 20 minutes, I flip over to the traffic report. If bluetooth is on, by the time traffic is over, the fmtx has shut itself off. Is there a way to add a specification for the length of time for the fmtx to remain on?

Is this even a CSSU issue?

--vr

That should stay out of CSSU.

You can use fcron, dbuscron or dbus-scripts to schedule FMTX enabling on certain triggers or times.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Munich, Germany
Hi all,

after I installed the CSSU, the EMail Widget disappeared from the desktop.

I cant get the Widget back to the desktop, as its not avaiable in the Widget section. Any ideas on that issue?

Thanks, Shearer

The Following User Says Thank You to Shearer For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade