Active Topics

Hey Guys,

Is there is anyway to Install Whats app on our Great N900 ?!

I Can't Believe that they didn't release a version for such a great phone which is specialized in internet Apps !

If anyone knows any news about it please reply !

Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
No, and the answer is: Never.

The only way to use Whatsapp is to install NITDroid on your N900.
Do a simple search and you can find all the answers....

I heared about the NITDroid and I'm keen on installing it., But i didn't find any simple explanation to do it, if you know simple way to install it please tell me how ?
I'm afraid also of the extra devels that should be installed to be able to install the NITDroid on N900 cause i heared it causes many problems such as battery Drain and Memory loss..etc.
So please if you have any information about how to install NITDroid on N900 simply without problems tell me how..?!

Thanks

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
A search would easily find you this....

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
A search would easily find you this....

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC
Do you have any experience using it on your device? I had nitdroid a couple of weeks, but found it too "incomplete" to really start using it.. I mean, the internet for example, configuring mobile network in nitdroid wasnt the most easy part... Is it worth installing, just for the use of whatsapp? I mean android, who the hell uses such a weak platform anyway.. right?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tim_de_wolf View Post
Do you have any experience using it on your device? I had nitdroid a couple of weeks, but found it too "incomplete" to really start using it.. I mean, the internet for example, configuring mobile network in nitdroid wasnt the most easy part... Is it worth installing, just for the use of whatsapp?
Yeah I installed it to try but came to the same conclusion. There isnt anything that would make it worth installing to me, especially when it cant be used properly as a phone, and I dont want to be shutting down to boot to nitdroid to use what I want and then booting to maemo (especially with the battery that takes!). And thats another issue I had with it, the BME didnt always work so sometimes the led would flash rapid red and then it would turn off even with full battery.

For me, I'll stick with maemo and use it to its full

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Yeah I installed it to try but came to the same conclusion. There isnt anything that would make it worth installing to me, especially when it cant be used properly as a phone, and I dont want to be shutting down to boot to nitdroid to use what I want and then booting to maemo (especially with the battery that takes!). And thats another issue I had with it, the BME didnt always work so sometimes the led would flash rapid red and then it would turn off even with full battery.

For me, I'll stick with maemo and use it to its full
Couldnt agree more, if you had to boot to nitdroid just for every whatsapp message the battery would be drained within hours..

Maemo rules

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Whatsapp is just a chat software, in a way. If your friends "pressure" you to use a certain software to belong to the pack, they suck. Why nobody switches to a (free) private IRC channel is beyond me.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Whatsapp is just a chat software, in a way. If your friends "pressure" you to use a certain software to belong to the pack, they suck. Why nobody switches to a (free) private IRC channel is beyond me.
hahah, you're right, but you gotta admit whatsapp sure is one hell of a usefull program, much much better vs IRC channel. i mean group chat, sending pictures etc is so perfectly implemented. It really is the ONE and ONLY drawback of the n900 i can think of

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by tim_de_wolf View Post
hahah, you're right, but you gotta admit whatsapp sure is one hell of a usefull program, much much better vs IRC channel. i mean group chat, sending pictures etc is so perfectly implemented. It really is the ONE and ONLY drawback of the n900 i can think of
I also use NITDroid for a couple games that aren't available for Maemo like "Wordfeud", "Sky Force Reloaded" and "Dragon, Fly".