Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ah, silly me -- I should just copy from browser to editor

Anyway, have 8 calendars and all are working OK.

Code:
/home/user # sqlite3 /home/user/.calendar/calendardb "select calendarid, Name from calendars;"
1|Bostjan
2|Private
3|Birthdays
4|Ostalo
5|Gcal vreme
6|SHOWTIME
7|eCoach activities
8|Tex
/home/user #
Although I do have one "feature" request -- Conversations widget change color when pressed, is something like that possible with Calendar Home Replacement widget?

And thanks for great app!

Last edited by sponka; 2011-10-04 at 11:59.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
hi nicolai, i've been using this calendar widget for a long time, and i think it's fabulous. amazing work again

ok, so last night i was taking a look at an old theme project and i remember a bug about this calendar (as you can see, it's not a major bug, but one i couldn't even remember) but it's a bug after all and it would be nice to see it fixed.

is there any chance to imitate the "on press" behavior of the default calendar widget? i mean, when you press it, the "background" changes from CalendarAppletBackground.png to CalendarAppletBackgroundActive.png (those are the names of the .png images of the theme)

so, if it's not much trouble and if you have a little free time to take a look into this, i would really appreciate

thanks a lot

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Indeed, this is a fabulous little widget and with great support from nicolai, too.

Now I have a feature request. It looks to me like there is space to show both start times _and_ end times for current day appointments. It's great that start times are shown, but I still have to open the main calendar in order to know what I am doing today. If end times were also shown, a lot of the time a quick glance at the widget would suffice to set me on my way.

PS. I use 24 hour clock. Perhaps if am/pm needs to be shown, there wouldn't be space, I am not sure. But with the 24 hour clock, it looks like there is enough space. Another reason for people to switch from that silly am/pm business!

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
The desktop widget on my phone is freezing for some reason after a few days of use. Anyone else have this problem?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
Nicolai - great work, thanks! I have one question - would it be possible to add an option to show events from today that have already passed? I use calendar sometimes to add a kind of reminders of things to do planning them at specific hours, but from time to time it won't happen in the time set. Then it would be nice to have it still on agenda, perhaps written in italics (or something similar) to differentiate events that have passed.
I hope I didn't complicate this thing to much? ;-)

Hello nicolai

It would be nice if you can make it possible to have the widget wider (ie having a resizable width).

@nicolai:

What about including this widget to CSSU as replacement for closed source one?

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by sylwiusz View Post
Nicolai - great work, thanks! I have one question - would it be possible to add an option to show events from today that have already passed? I use calendar sometimes to add a kind of reminders of things to do planning them at specific hours, but from time to time it won't happen in the time set. Then it would be nice to have it still on agenda, perhaps written in italics (or something similar) to differentiate events that have passed.
I hope I didn't complicate this thing to much? ;-)
Isn't that what tasks (and notes, to some degree) are for?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@nicolai:

What about including this widget to CSSU as replacement for closed source one?
Sure.
What would you prefere, this more advanced
calendar widget or a simpler clone of the closed source one?

If we take this more advanced one, there would be some
more work to do the translation for all the extra options.

I think advanced could be better. In CSSU could be also improved applications (not only do clones with same functions).

In CSSU we have alredy RE l10n packages, so adding new strings could not be problem...

Tags
calendar, calendar widget, shreddies