Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich
The power button on my N9-00 stopped working. Is there a was to switch on the N9-00 in another way (over USB perhaps)?

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Have you already tried a hard reset?!

"Press and hold the power key for at least 8 seconds. To switch your phone on again , press and hold the power key."

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
its quite unlikely that your power button would be broken, usually long press 30 seconds should do it (unless your battery is empty).

But yes you can do force-power-key rd-flag with flasher, that way it always boots up with powerkey pressed bootreason when there is power on the device.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theking2 View Post
The power button on my N9-00 stopped working. Is there a was to switch on the N9-00 in another way (over USB perhaps)?
I have the same problem. I can switch it on / unlock it by plugging in the USB cable.

But I wonder how to repair it. How did yours break?

Because very very seldomly mine suddenly works again once but then continues to not work.

Here is a work around I just found out about: Just swipe around one of the screen edges back and forth very fast. Then it activates the screen and you can unlock

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
They mean they can't turn on the device. Not unlock it. And btw. that swiping works just like double tap, so no news.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Same here on my white n9. Already opened the phone but you can't get to the side buttons...

Found out another nice thing: There is the "Lock Screen" app in the store so you don't have to wait for the auto-lock timeout.