Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I had a strange problem during last week.

I travelled to a different time zone (from GMT+2 to GMT+1) while using worldclock replacement with automatic time adjustment.

The time zone didn't change and I had to manually change the time. I tried it several times, even rebooting with no luck.

The question is that it didn't seem to be a network problem, as a second phone (with Android) in the same network received the time change message.

When returning home, I configured it again to automatic change of time zone and it changed to GMT+2 without a problem.

I don't know if this could be related with worldclock replacement but I have travelled a lot in the last 2 years with stock clock and haven't seen this problem before.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Fixes:
- fixed the issue addressed by artpra (text label change when changing snooze time)
I can confirm that it`s fixed indeed. Thanks for the quick response.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Any news about it's inclusion in CSSU?
The CSSU team has agreed to include it in CSSU as you know. I can't say anything about a timeline. It all depends on the time I can spend on it and how the integration process in CSSU evolves. I hope to do some minor changes first and then get more in contact with the CSSU team for further steps.

About your question about the timezone issue:
The worldclock is not involved in any timezone change. It just reads values or makes calls to existing system functionality. So I cannot explain the behaviour you have seen.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
It was asked a couple of times, but had no priority for me. It turned out to be a rather small code change:
-> the date and time can now be altered by tapping on the time display (just like in the stock clock).

edit: noticed that date in portrait mode missed it secondary colorsetting: fixed

Download link in the first post (as always).

Last edited by ade; 2012-07-06 at 15:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Just as you think you have spotted all the differences with the stock clock, I noticed the possible snooze repeat intervals are 5/10/20 minutes, whereas in the stock clock it is 5/10/15 minutes.

After changing it to the stock clock interval times, I found out the snooze interval is not saved and will always be 10 minutes. As it is never reported I guess everybody is happy with this snooze interval

I will try to fix it, as soon as I found how the stock clock deals with this.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
No wonder the snooze interval problem was not reported: I introduced it myself in the last version

CepiPerez used the value he put on the button to actually use that value later. So by "fixing" artpra's bugreport, that value was lost. I solved it in another way, so it should work again without reintroducing the values on the buttons.

It now has the snooze options of 5/10/15 minutes (the 20 minutes is replaced by the stock clock value of 15 minutes). The downloadlink in the first post is updated with a new version.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Sorry to bother you again with a new version, but in the process of making the time clickable for adjustment (enhancement from a while ago), I must have lost the correct font (Nokia Sans) in the QT Creator form. This has resulted in a font different from the stock clock in the main screen, I very recently noticed.

I now have set the correct font in the code itself to prevent accidental change in QT Creator.

The download is updated as usual.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
how can I set a wallpaper for portrait mode?

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
how can I set a wallpaper for portrait mode?
You can't. It is the same as in the openmediaplayer. The way the portrait screen is build, makes it hard to have a background. And I do not miss it, to be honest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Sorry to bother you again with a new version, but in the process of making the time clickable for adjustment (enhancement from a while ago), I must have lost the correct font (Nokia Sans) in the QT Creator form. This has resulted in a font different from the stock clock in the main screen, I very recently noticed.

I now have set the correct font in the code itself to prevent accidental change in QT Creator.
Doesn't this mean worldclock ignores the system font.

I have my System font as Ubuntu and worldclock is Nokia Sans.
Stock clock used to be Ubuntu.

It would be nice to have worldclock follow the systems font.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock