Active Topics

Poll: Could this be the next N900 clone?
Poll Options
Could this be the next N900 clone?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Well lol lol lol... if nothing Ive had a good laugh at the response so far...@automagic68 and vi_ very funny indeed... keep it coming and hey!!! be truthful with you answers..

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Nope. It doesn't run Maemo or remotely anything close to it. While the hardware inside the N900 was great, it was/is only so powerful because we had/have direct unfettered access to it, generally speaking.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Nope. It doesn't run Maemo or remotely anything close to it. While the hardware inside the N900 was great, it was/is only so powerful because we had/have direct unfettered access to it, generally speaking.
Exactly!
Without the openness , it would just have been another applauncer.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Where is it's FM transmitter? There's no replacement or compromising over it...

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Come on guys... do we really need an fm transmitter? its got a 3.5 mil jack ;-) !! and if its running Andriod Ice cream Sandwitch 4.0 it can be routed and tweeked a bit??..Im tweeking my S3... and that I routed a day after I got it.. Don't be so down beat and defensive of the N900... I've managed to put mine down and I'm just in search of toy that is quick.. doesn't lag half as much can be tweeked and has a sliddy out keyboard... cuz that can never be beat.. If I want big speed HD pictures and all that I have the S3. I just need a replacement to the once almighty Nokia N900.

So gent stop revving your engines so loudly.. and lets all breath....... ahhhhhhh... now lets debate..

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
and if its running Andriod Ice cream Sandwitch 4.0 it can be routed and tweeked a bit??
It is stuff like the d-bus interface, preemtive multitasking and the X-windows system and the integration of the scriptinglanguages into the system, that is the N900s real strength, not to launch a camera-app, movie-app or a fart-app, because the n900 is quite bad at that.