Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
endsormeans, I am shocked at your insensitivity to this dire situation. Btw, do you know if any jolla paperweights are availble?
Jolla and Lastu have heard your need and now for a limited time only...(subject to complete closure without notice or refund..)
a multipurpose device that now makes the Lastu people-erm-door-stopper...redundant...(ergo no refund)

It does the job of paperweight, doorstop and soo much more...
from crowd-control to a new (cutting edge) method of mail delivery...(the receiving party must have the patented Lastu glass window to accept incoming j-mail...)

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't think lastu will do buissniess with Jolla since they wasn't payed...

Maybe we should join lastu and a do payback scam against Jolla.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-26 at 18:08.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't think lastu will do buissniess with Jolla since they wasn't payed...

Maybe we should join lastu and a do payback scam against Jolla.
Would be nice if there was even a mention from jolla about the cases. I know they are pretty much useless without a tablet but still, bought, paid and made!

I guess they are in some Chinese landfill by now.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Regarding: "We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!"
Maybe they will go for community development, sending out part of source code with suggested improvements/defects and we/one will be asked to contribute, as a response to more open source and listen to community?

Last edited by hhbbap; 2016-01-26 at 19:16. Reason: Change you to we/one

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Here we go again, the same old song. Glorious Jolla, bask in the glory of their infinite grace, you unworthy heathens.
Oh yeah. Acnowledging a failure on communication and reactions/reasons to it of course can and will be interpreted like that.

Yes, you are right. A dialogue does require a listening side. Absolutely! Unfortunately, you have confused the sides. It is Jolla that could do with some listening from time to time.
My take is that incomplete things should be discussed "internally", which means inside company, between partners and not publicly in some random forum as such approach is definitely doomed to fail.

In contrast, a "dialogue" with Jolla sounds like this:
You forgot the s***storm.

Last edited by JulmaHerra; 2016-01-26 at 19:47.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Oh yeah. Acnowledging a failure on communication and reactions/reasons to it of course can and will be interpreted like that.

My take is that incomplete things should be discussed "internally", which means inside company, between partners and not publicly in some random forum as such approach is definitely doomed to fail.

For an illustration, this is what a normal dialogue may sound like:

You forgot the s***storm.
No more talk by jolla. Action is required. Delivery!

1. Small amount of of tablets in Jan
2. Blog post is around corner
3 surprises

This is what jolla said so far this month and still nothing.

Can make the list longer if we should bring in what they said last year too...action is required.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-26 at 19:41.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
You see the problem here that we (not only as company but any mortal here) sometimes face problems that have no right solution. Or in other words you have several options but none of them is good for you. And despite it you still need to make a decision. Maybe hard one, maybe not the best one, but you can't just postpone it every day. The resolution can't be done but just sitting and waiting for a miracle, it only makes thing worse.
Making hasty decision with worst possible outcome (ie. resulting in not being able to compensate anyone in any way) just to please Mr. ZogG would hardly be an improvement.

They have made a decision, but until everything is worked out it should not be communicated as it would do nothing but harm - they already made a mistake to say they have an "agreement" before it's all ironed out. If it takes time and if you cannot hurry it, your only option is to postpone. Or simply drop the ball, say f*** it, spin down operations and go fishing.

As about dialog you mentioned above, where exactly were any intentions to communicate somethign with the community. there is no dialog, there is twitter, IRC and TJC where community gives input and Jolla decides if to get back to them or not at all.
Dialog does not mean that community calls the shots for company. Sorry to hurt your feelings about the importance of the community, but that's how life is.

Of course it would be better to simply say "no" than leave it hanging.

Btw. how many of these you have attended?

People can understand failure, they do not understand companies that run away.
No. People in general don't understand failure, and they don't understand the effects of failure when there is anything personal at stake. If failure affects them somehow it's usually torches and pitchforks kind of ordeal.

And the last thing on topic I would say is that uneducated crowd will always want to burn "the witches" on fire. And you can blame them, but also you can blame those who did not delivered them knowledge.
As we know, the most important thing in life is to find the one to blame.

If Jolla did nothing wrong and they are not ashamed of their choices - they would not hide it in secrecy, but if they do - there is reason for that. We usually embarrassed to tell bad things and almost never about good things.
It's because failure is deemed to be a shame in itself. No matter how it's sugar coated.

Last edited by JulmaHerra; 2016-01-26 at 19:49.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hello people. How are you today?

Bad?

With ten characters.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Hello people. How are you today?
Excellent. You?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund