Active Topics

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
Please send me an invite to grandcentral if you can email is gentoo@codetel.net.do thanks in advance!
Ok I will send it now, Gentoo (now that is Linux).

HOWTO make 100% FREE outbound calls to anyone on your contact list (two step method):

Originally Posted by ericbecky View Post
How did you set that up? I'm not sure I understand. Are you using the Gizmo SIP number as the mobile number for GrandCentral mobile?
(I don't own a cell phone. I do own a Nokia 770.)
STEP 1: Initiate outgoing call on your tablet

www.grandcentral.com/mobile/contacts

STEP 2: When Gizmo rings, answer it. (no cell phone required)

DONE!

A futuristic version of the above method (using a bluetooth earpiece) is discussed in previous threads:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=10532

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=12081

Last edited by dkwatts; 2008-01-04 at 00:51.

I'm using Gizmo on a 770 and amazed at the quality usually better than my cell. The only problem is sometimes Gizmo will not start.

Sounds like getting a numbers is a hassle, is that true?
Thanks

Wow - interesting thread. I hadn't done any VOIP but tried first Gizmo and then Skype on my N810. My experience was that Gizmo constantly hung when I tried to exit a call or exit the program itself. I never got video chat to work, even with playing with the allow video to all or only friends setting. I could see me but not my caller; the caller could see herself but not me.

I popped on Skype and it worked flawlessly.I was disappointed video on the IT doesn't work (yet?) but worked great laptop to laptop. Seemed like a no brainer to me so I'm surprised mostly everyone else in this thread is thinking the opposite!

Frank

I own a N810.
I tested Gizmo Project as soon as I bought the IT. Chat and VideoChat worked flawlesly between my N810 and my friend's N800. MSN works like a charm. So IMHO, Gizmo Project is much better than Skype.

Only on the N8x0 can people have completely different experiences with the exact same software. It's unbelievable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aciv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Ok I will send it now, Gentoo (now that is Linux).
Can you send me an invite? I have been using skype and find it little disappointing with the voice quality. I want to try Gizmo with grandcentral lf someone can send me an invite. Thanks in advance. email: allenw@hotmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to alfa2536 For This Useful Post:
Retracted invite request.

Last edited by Deaj; 2008-04-07 at 02:52.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
1) Please don't turn another thread into an invite thread.

2) Invites have been DOWN for over a month, probably longer and there is no idea if/when it will come back up.