Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
What's going on here?
Well, we're having an interesting discussion here, but there seems to be a lot of noise coming from somewhere.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, we're having an interesting discussion here, but there seems to be a lot of noise coming from somewhere.
Sounds like someone's sprung a leak.

Karel Jansens, I'll tell you whats going on here, as of yesterday, I belive this thrad is being hijacked.

I say this cause certain posters here are just speaking total muck.

Thats okay. I'll just hijack their threads. Hehe.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
kudos to qole.

If you dont have cell coverage, and thus can't connect to the internet to retrieve your contacts, you still can't use the phone! So it becomes a $600 address book...

Still, I have not been to a place with zero phone coverage, because if there is no cell, there is satellite!

BTW, a pocket notebook ($5) can hold more than a 1000 contacts. The beauty of paper...

There goes one just now. Muckin up this thread.

Okay. Received a lot of input on this subject.

Well here is the final word on this subject. Hopefully those dudes that have been attempting to hijack this thread with nonsense about a silly device that only works in the clouds are gone to bed now :

1. Lots of smart people that visit this forum. Lots of idiots come here also and they reared their heads in this thread quite often.
2. The N8XX is an awesome little linux machine and thats all it ever will be unless somebody wise's up at Nokia.
3. The N8XX is by no means a true "convergence" device that allows the user to carry just one device that converges at lot of functions inside one small package.
4. The N8XX, with reports that only 700K units being sold, will be discontinued soon since no company, even powerful Nokia, can continue spending money on what people in this forum have called "an R & D" project.
5. Desktop linux apps such a word processors are not practical on the N8XX.
6. Symbian, while not being a full OS like linux, is quite capable of handling "convergence" type tasks.
7. The Nokia N95 8G is the "perfect" convergence device following short of things the N8XX can do however excelling many, many, more areas the N8XX can never hope to do.

8. Last and finally, if 3G phone capability is added and built into the N8XX and an even slightly better camera (3-5mg) is added, the N8XX will take over not just this planet but could rule the entire universe. In the absence of these things the Nokia N95 8G kills the N8XX insofar as convergence is concerned.

So there you have it folks.

The last and final word on this matter.

Thanks for offering your valuable feedback and making this a really, really hot thread.

And please, no flaming. I am only the messenger.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Well here is the final word on this subject.
I'm unconvinced. Perhaps if you continue to submit that same text every dozen or so posts I'll come around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I'm unconvinced. Perhaps if you continue to submit that same text every dozen or so posts I'll come around.
If it's every dozen posts, then it would indeed be right as often as a stuck clock.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
um, no. A stuck clock is right once in a while..

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
One in twelve hours; that would be 'final' one in twelve posts.

Tags
troll