Active Topics

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
i'm using o2o prepaid (they regularily ship simcards for free, google "o2 freikarte"). Plus the 200mb/unlimited plan for 10€ per month.

Reception is good, i've never managed to use more than 50mb per month. I use my umts phone to surf the web when i'm not at work or at home. For everything else, there's wlan.

No problems, no complaints. I'll definitely keep that data plan.

The Following User Says Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by quingu View Post
Reception is good, ...
That sounds good. May i ask where you usually use it? Doesn't happen to be munich?

EDIT: Can you say anything about speed? someone earlier in this thread said that he usually just gets half the speed with o2 than with vodafone.

Last edited by kore; 2009-11-09 at 15:10.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by brog View Post
3. I was able to get a much better price at Vodafone:
For 29,95€ per month they offered me:
Unlimited calls to Vodafone + German landline
Unlimited texts to Vodafone
Unlimited calls (for 12 months) to a german provider of my choice
UMTS Flatrate 5gb (after hitting 5gb -> GPRS)
40 texts to any provider

+ They do not care if you use skype and/or tethering with your mobile phone.
You still are breaking the contract at that time. They clearly state "No Voice over IP" and "No Instant Messaging" (and "No p2p").

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by kore View Post
That sounds good. May i ask where you usually use it? Doesn't happen to be munich?
O2 Reception in Munich is just fine (hey, they have their headquarters here), reception while travelling (especially in ICEs with the metal in their windows) isn't that good.

EDIT: Can you say anything about speed? someone earlier in this thread said that he usually just gets half the speed with o2 than with vodafone.
The UMTS "stick" I have can only do 3.6Gbit/s, but I sometimes do get that.

The N900 is supposed to support up 10 Mbit/s. And: O2 starts HSPA+ network in Munich (German)

The Following User Says Thank You to range For This Useful Post:
Those recent posts all sound very good. I think, I'm gonna go for o2 with the mentioned 200mb plan for ~10€.

Thanks for all the usefull information!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I'd consider Simyo's 1 GB for €9,90:

http://www.simyo.de/de/informieren/a...tpaket1gb.html

As they cash up in 10 KB steps, 1 GB is more than enough. Talk minutes and SMS are just €0.09 and there are no basic fees because it's prepaid.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgoebel For This Useful Post:
1 GB for 10 bucks is a fair deal but Simyo is E-Plus, right? Which means Skype and the such are not oficially allowed, right?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I use o2 too. I want to change, because my hometown did not have umts. Have it now bout 1 Year and i'm happy. I have the "L" option, because i do very much internet stuff with my phone. (Internet Radio, Streaming TV to my Phone,.... Surf the whole Day ...)
Thats one reaseon why i want the N900 so much. Its not a phone with Internet, Its Internet with phone ^^.
I have no problems @ all sice o2 does umts here. No breaks during any stream till now. I even use my N97 atm with the FM Transmitter in my Car. Internet Radio everywhere hehe.
It is up to your needs....

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by kore View Post
1 GB for 10 bucks is a fair deal but Simyo is E-Plus, right? Which means Skype and the such are not oficially allowed, right?
Not allowed, but nevertheless it works.

Hi,

I've got an old BASE UMTS Flatrate with still UNLIMITED download for 25€ per month which I don't use any more.

A short time after I took over this contract from someone else, BASE imposed an X Gb (5 Gb?) limit on all flatrates.

So this is one of the last contracts without bandwidth limits.
If anyone wants to have this contract before I terminate it, then msg me.