Active Topics

Closed Thread
http://www.strandreports.com/sw4031.asp

Interesting

Oh and SubCore - trust me every time I fire up my N900 I am grateful. It really is the best device I have ever had - now if you will excuse me i am going to go play Dune on my N900
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I think the reason some people view this site/forum as snobbish is because instead of putting hundreds of hours into consuming content on their mobile devices, they put hundreds of hours into developing and supporting other users.

@op: One thing you may want to think about before you sell your N900 is that the N900 is as much about content creation as consumption.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Add to the fact that this site is the most intolerant, snubbish site I have ever come across in the over a decade I have been using the internet. The verbal attacks are going to be very interesting to watch.

Plus many here seem incable of taking anything slightly resembling a criticism of the N900. Case in point is the strange response to your well thought out and constructive point highlighting a few of the issues mainstream users will have with the device. Typical response here to any slight criticism of the device is "then sell the device"; "go back to your iphone", etc.
Agreed. There have been plenty of posts, even with videos showing problems with the device. Here's what the smart users of this site had to say:

- Sell the device
- I don't have that problem
- Your phone is broken (referring to slow browsing which is funny)
- Troll
- Fanboy
- It's not a phone
- Who cares what you think I'm gonna go play 20 year old games on my N900
- Nobody needs that feature (mms, portrait etc.)
- Open source all the way (even though no apps are available)

All in all, if this device is going to live or die by its community then I guess it's stillborn. Plenty of users have come to this site from other platforms and nobody seems to care. On the contrary, their problems are dismissed and ridiculed. I guess all the dorks on this site have the feeling that this device was made for them alone and they will be responsible for pushing Nokia back to no.1 again.

Guess what? Maemo is an OS nobody cares about. It has 0 support from anybody and it's been out for years. The tablets it has been running on have all been a failure so far. I have never seen anybody who actually owned one. This phone is the first time it has actually gotten any sort of attention. I suggest you start using that fact to your advantage instead of confirming that it'll be another phone/tablet that was only appreciated by a small community nobody cares about.

Also, the fact that people care enough to complain a device is a good thing. It means they want to see it improved and that it has potential. I guess that's not clear enough for the idiots who post replies like their mothers had designed and programmed the phone. Get over yourselves and welcome all users. If you do not have a solution to a posted issue then STFU and stop spamming threads with "fanboy" "iTard" or anything else. And yes, slow scrolling IS AN ISSUE. So is an email client that is basically broken when compared to other phones.

Guess what? Maemo is an OS nobody cares about.

You don't care about the OS, you did not like the phone, so get the FO

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Agreed. There have been plenty of posts, even with videos showing problems with the device. Here's what the smart users of this site had to say:

- Sell the device
- I don't have that problem
- Your phone is broken (referring to slow browsing which is funny)
- Troll
- Fanboy
- It's not a phone
- Who cares what you think I'm gonna go play 20 year old games on my N900
- Nobody needs that feature (mms, portrait etc.)
- Open source all the way (even though no apps are available)

All in all, if this device is going to live or die by its community then I guess it's stillborn. Plenty of users have come to this site from other platforms and nobody seems to care. On the contrary, their problems are dismissed and ridiculed. I guess all the dorks on this site have the feeling that this device was made for them alone and they will be responsible for pushing Nokia back to no.1 again.

Guess what? Maemo is an OS nobody cares about. It has 0 support from anybody and it's been out for years. The tablets it has been running on have all been a failure so far. I have never seen anybody who actually owned one. This phone is the first time it has actually gotten any sort of attention. I suggest you start using that fact to your advantage instead of confirming that it'll be another phone/tablet that was only appreciated by a small community nobody cares about.

Also, the fact that people care enough to complain a device is a good thing. It means they want to see it improved and that it has potential. I guess that's not clear enough for the idiots who post replies like their mothers had designed and programmed the phone. Get over yourselves and welcome all users. If you do not have a solution to a posted issue then STFU and stop spamming threads with "fanboy" "iTard" or anything else. And yes, slow scrolling IS AN ISSUE. So is an email client that is basically broken when compared to other phones.
Really - because I can only remember your videos regarding your browser refreshing problem. Something only you seem to have. Every other issue has been either

a) A hardware fault - return device get a new one - problem solved
b) A software limitation - exchange server/mail spring to mind.

You say you want the community to gorw up and help - but in the history of you being a whiny prick here - you haven't yet ASKED for it nor even tried to help debug the problem. Instead your first post to the forums was that the device sucked and since then you have lurked on the forums posting "Yeah man thats what I am saying it sucks balls" posts to every person who creates a thread regarding ANY issue.

Now I have a pretty low tolerance for whining pricks in the first place - people who would rather ***** and moan than try and help themselves or anyone else. But you my friend are the penultimate definition of that and as such annoy the living crap out of me. I say again if you don't like the phone (which I can only assume you don't given EVERY post you make is a complaint). **** OFF AND FIND SOME OTHER FORUMS TO WHINE ON!
You contribute nothing, you add no value to the community and simply reinforce in the minds of people that ****ing *****s who don't even try and help themselves are NOT WORTH THE EFFORT!

cant believe this topic has so many replies. stop feeding the trolls people, this thread has only been started to wind up the maemo community, it's not objective or subjective or even factual.I love my N900 i find it far superior to my old Iphone 3g, yet i don't feel the need to go onto Iphone forums and trash the Iphone, because everyone has an opinion and is entitled to their view and choice, i just don't feel the need to shout it out on the forum of the product i happen not to like

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Add to the fact that this site is the most intolerant, snubbish site I have ever come across in the over a decade I have been using the internet.
Try a libertarian site sometime.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
If you do not have a solution to a posted issue then STFU and stop spamming threads...
With that bit of irony out of the way, I think this thread has run its course.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-12-15 at 18:22.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Really - because I can only remember your videos regarding your browser refreshing problem. Something only you seem to have. Every other issue has been either

a) A hardware fault - return device get a new one - problem solved
b) A software limitation - exchange server/mail spring to mind.

You say you want the community to gorw up and help - but in the history of you being a whiny prick here - you haven't yet ASKED for it nor even tried to help debug the problem. Instead your first post to the forums was that the device sucked and since then you have lurked on the forums posting "Yeah man thats what I am saying it sucks balls" posts to every person who creates a thread regarding ANY issue.

Now I have a pretty low tolerance for whining pricks in the first place - people who would rather ***** and moan than try and help themselves or anyone else. But you my friend are the penultimate definition of that and as such annoy the living crap out of me. I say again if you don't like the phone (which I can only assume you don't given EVERY post you make is a complaint). **** OFF AND FIND SOME OTHER FORUMS TO WHINE ON!
You contribute nothing, you add no value to the community and simply reinforce in the minds of people that ****ing *****s who don't even try and help themselves are NOT WORTH THE EFFORT!
You are replying to this thread for no reason. If you are satisfied with your N900 take your Texrat lover and make sweet love to the N900. Maybe you guys can take a couple of logic classes on the way to the bedroom because you are nothing but a bunch of dorks, nerds, fanboys and idiots in general.

I am using this phone every day and I am able to admit it has problems. Apparently you cannot do that with your community of fanboys and geeks. If you don't like the fact that this phone is slow as hell and is missing features to high heaven when you compare it to every other phone out there then obviously you have issues.

I will continue to point out the problems until they are solved. If they are not solved I will point that out as well. If you don't like it I suggest you find some other basement to hang out in.

Also I suggest you stop posting about irony because:

- You have no idea what that even means
- Chopping off a sentence out of context does not constitute irony

Look that up on your N900.

I suggest your next post starts with:

- These developers are starting to develop cool stuff for Maemo
- These bugs are confirmed as fixed in the next firmware release
- Look at all these cool apps you could use on the N900

Otherwise you're doing nothing but proving my point.

You are replying to this thread for no reason. If you are satisfied with your N900 take your Texrat lover and make sweet love to the N900. Maybe you guys can take a couple of logic classes on the way to the bedroom because you are nothing but a bunch of dorks, nerds, fanboys and idiots in general.

I am using this phone every day and I am able to admit it has problems. Apparently you cannot do that with your community of fanboys and geeks. If you don't like the fact that this phone is slow as hell and is missing features to high heaven when you compare it to every other phone out there then obviously you have issues.

I will continue to point out the problems until they are solved. If they are not solved I will point that out as well. If you don't like it I suggest you find some other basement to hang out in.

Also I suggest you stop posting about irony because:

- You have no idea what that even means
- Chopping off a sentence out of context does not constitute irony

Look that up on your N900.

I suggest your next post starts with:

- These developers are starting to develop cool stuff for Maemo
- These bugs are confirmed as fixed in the next firmware release
- Look at all these cool apps you could use on the N900

Otherwise you're doing nothing but proving my point.
Actually I have repeatedly said there are issues with the phone. I however aam overall very happy with the N900 and have even taken steps to port apps etc thus giving back to the community.

You on the other hand have literally done NOTHING but whine/moan and complain about missing features - how we are all fanboys etc.

Anyway I am done feeding the troll. You are a sad sad little man who fails to grasp why people find you so effing annoying - and I think that may be the saddest thing of all.

Closed Thread