Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by gavinlew View Post
This release is not available from Vodafone - I'm quite tempted to flash generic firmware onto my unit - is it a case of doing a backup, flashing, then restoring ?

Cheers,

Gavin

good old vodafone...

Yes, Backup....

Flash device + Emmc (Always worth it!)

Restore

It will ask you to download all the apps you had before (It provides a list)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by jesuska View Post
they hard-drive on the left side of your device...
lol .

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I'm on Vodafone - but purchased from the (ex!) Nokia store / MPD. I presume you guys got it after they launched it in Jan?

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Gonna flash mine later i think, i did read 1 guide but wasnt that clear to follow? Off to work now so will search later but anyone got an easy to follow guide to flashing firmware? Noobmonkey i know your always the 1 for finding stuff lol

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Blobster2k View Post
I'm on Vodafone - but purchased from the (ex!) Nokia store / MPD. I presume you guys got it after they launched it in Jan?
yeah two types, MPD/Nokia retail purchases would be UK generic, direct from vodaphone etc would be on the Vodafone specific firmware...

They do like things complicated........
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Ive got 54MB free space on rootfs, done all the obvious stuff and things mentioned in the thread, I still cant update and it asks me to connect to a computer.

Its such a pain that I cant get 1 single update done on my phone from day1 without a hiccup .

anyone solved this mystery yet with something else ?
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Thought i was smart leaving 3network for Vodafone in December

Just the same network police under a different name!!!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
try as root,
Code:
apt-get clean
and
Code:
apt-get autoremove
autoremove is used to remove packages that were automatically installed to satisfy dependencies for some package and that are no longer needed.
Thanks mate, you're a very valued member of these forums! (definitely by me anyway!)

Whilst this only seemed to clear up around 1mb of rootfs, the update is downloading as I type, no error message, hopefully it'll install ok once it's all downloaded.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexter1759 For This Useful Post:
downloaded 205 OTA earlier. my internet connection is set to "any connection" and i have been at home all day (rock solid wifi).

after upgrade i went back to surfing as well as messing about re-enabling repositories in app manager. witthin a couple of minutes i noticed that my connection had changed to GPRS. i manually reconnected to wifi (thought I must just have had a one off glitch in the wifi signal) but same thing happened again while i was browsing TMO and still had app manager open.

I changed to wifi manually a 2nd time and ran a ping test to my router - as expected, no issues.

i then set my internet connection to "always ask" and started trying to replicate the issue (i.e. to see exactly at what point the connection switch was happening). It didn't recur after 10 mins trying.

I'm now back to "any connection" and it seems fine now.

maybe unrelated to the updated firmware but timing is suspicious given that i've never had any wifi issues with eiter my router or my n900.

worth keeping an eye on your connection for a wee while after upgrading just in case ...

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-03-19 at 10:23.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
does anyone can give a link for change logs. thanks

PS: no updates yet here on west coast.... from san francisco ,CA, USA

Last edited by chase15; 2010-03-19 at 10:23.