Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
theirs a great howto on page 30 and im sure someone on here can explain any problems you have (ill help out also where i can, havent had alot of tiem to dev today been busy with other things
Page 30 it is. Thanks very much, I look into this thread only few times a month and must have missed it.

EDIT: Oh, just figured out that this howto is not for multiboot ... too nasty for me ...

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-05-26 at 20:12.

Just tried booting Android using the guide on page 30.
Unfortunately, the kernel panic'd so I popped out the battery because I wanted to re-format the sd card and try again.
Now I'm stuck at a Nokia Screen with some icon beneath it (it shows a computer screen with a wrench above it)
When I pop out the battery and put it in again the device doesn't even try to boot, it instantly gets to that screen.

Any suggestions?

Edit: My computer recognises the N900 as an unknown USB Device in this state.
Edit2: Ok, managed to get it into flashing mode. Was quite tricky though: Had to pull out the usb cable, then pop the battery out. After that, I had to plug in the USB cable again and press U while putting the battery back in

Last edited by brog; 2010-05-28 at 01:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to brog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brog View Post
Just tried booting Android using the guide on page 30.
Unfortunately, the kernel panic'd so I popped out the battery because I wanted to re-format the sd card and try again.
Now I'm stuck at a Nokia Screen with some icon beneath it (it shows a computer screen with a wrench above it)
When I pop out the battery and put it again the device doesn't even try to boot, it instantly gets to that screen.

Any suggestions?

Edit: My computer recognises the N900 as an unknown USB Device in this state.
Edit2: Ok, managed to get it into flashing mode. Was quite tricky though: Hat to pull out the usb cable, then pop the battery out. After that, I had to plug in the USB cable again and press U while putting the battery back in
WOW! Thanks for sharing this hint, I may end in this kind of sh*t myself ...

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yep thats the fault of rd mode (trd causes device to boot iteslef once battery is in, and unless u hold u first it wont goto usb mode

Question here... Upon installing nitdroid would I be able to use it's messaging feature like sending MMS and SMS?

as said a few times previous the current build has NO phone ability yet (de to nokias phonet implementation

Sorry it ain't easy to backread 62 pages ^_^
One last question if phone ability isn't supported will it be on the near future? I mean are there plans? Or no hope at all?

im hoping it will be, nokia dont make it easy to do though

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
steve has already said previously phone capabilities will be very difficult to impliment. besides this is, i believe, a one guy project so give him time. patience is a virtue i'm quite positive we will get a functioning smartphone some day with android/n900. maybe it'll be better than meego who knows

Originally Posted by fieryriver View Post
steve has already said previously phone capabilities will be very difficult to impliment. besides this is, i believe, a one guy project so give him time. patience is a virtue i'm quite positive we will get a functioning smartphone some day with android/n900. maybe it'll be better than meego who knows
thank you, yes phone i am aiming to get working#

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid