Active Topics

Originally Posted by sjunejo View Post
VODAFONE bugger.....i think I will load general UK version....thanks mate for your reply and usefull info

Cheers
--

SJunejo
Hi SJunejo

yeah, vodafone are useless, I've spent days trying to update, only to find that vodafone are the problem. I nearly went so far as to send the phone back, I thought I had a faulty machine

How did the reflash go

Originally Posted by vectorspace View Post
Flashing will remove all of your installed apps.
Your contacts, SMS/IM history, IM accounts, personal files, ringtone settings, and lock code should remain.
Your desktop layout, regional settings, wi-fi settings, and data counter counts will be deleted.

The user data for some, but not all, apps is deleted by the flashing process - the Angry Birds game is an example of an app that loses its data, Mozilla Firefox is an example of one that does not. With some apps, it is possible to manually find, back up, and restore the user data.
Thank your for the INFO

... I am not sure but I think that there are some leftovers of the apps remaining in the folders. Is this possible and if it is, how do I know which folders and files should I delete (also not to use memory space without need)?

And a second question to that, will the old app data in the folders cause any kind of troubles when installing the same (and other new) apps again etc.?

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for either question.

Well ... I had to ask

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
That was quite a mouthful of very useful information from vectorspace and i applaud you for being such a bright spark lol well done though seriously.
We need more people like you on this community !.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ultravires View Post
Thank your for the INFO

... I am not sure but I think that there are some leftovers of the apps remaining in the folders. Is this possible and if it is, how do I know which folders and files should I delete (also not to use memory space without need)?

And a second question to that, will the old app data in the folders cause any kind of troubles when installing the same (and other new) apps again etc.?
The only real answer to that is to flash emmc but as your probably aware it clears out everything lol.

i'm in finland and i have exactly the same problem. also i have the feeling that nokia no longer cares about its customers anymore...

Hyyyy...guys....flashing is finished succesfully with in 3minutes ... I would suggest to follow LINK (easy and straight forward).

Latest Device Information
Maemo 5
Version : 10.2010.19-1.203.1

I didn't flash eMMC but I have to install all my apps again...which is not that bad...good chance to clear some crap stuff out which we install just for testing.....

But one thing is that I read that new firmware will provide Skype Video calling support but how do I make video calls with SKYPE...anyway....will find out after some time when we'll get use to it....

I think Regarding the question for what to clear from 'MyDocs' is that simply search for default folders we get with N900 which are usually starts from '.***' [hidden folders in linux] and remove all other which are created by user....

Let me know guys if you find something extraordinary with new firmware....

Thanks very much for all of your comments and help (specially vectorspace)

Cheers...happy upgrading....

--

SJunejo

Last edited by sjunejo; 2010-05-31 at 15:51.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
On Voda here to but i've an unbranded 900 from Carphone Whouse.

If your not seeing any major issues or having concerns with the older PR you might aswell wait for vodafone. They can take some time tho.
Wait for Vodafone, you are kidding surely.

There are plenty of N95 and 5800 customers staill waiting for Vodafone years later. Vodafones firmwares are generally a pile of pooh and are all about removing functionality not enhancing the phone, So best advice is to install the UK generic FW at the earliest opportunity.