Closed Thread
ok thx steve

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
how do i boot NITdroid then?
when i turn the phone on i see something saying 'press a key,
1. NITdroid' or something like that
but i can only boot maemo if i press enter,
pressing 1 shows me a quick preview of some screen i dont see long enough to be able to read what it says,
pressing 0 shuts the phone down

i copy/pasted everything from post 1 into xterm, but didnt understand any of it so i wouldnt know what im doing wrong to be honest, wasnt sure when to press enter when pasting nto xterm, so just hit enter every time, also my overclocking buttons dont work anymore, baffled!

edit:
not much happened when doing part 6 so im thinking maybe thats where my problem is, also entered the part at the end of post1 about titans kernel, but my overclocking buttons still dont work anymore,
the part6 output:

/ # cd /
/ # mkdir /and
mkdir: cannot create directory '/and': File exists
/ # mount -t ext3 -o noatime,rw /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
/ # cd /home/user/MyDocs
/home/user/MyDocs # bzip2 -d NITDroid-N900-0.0.5-4-Final.tbz2

Last edited by leetut; 2010-08-07 at 16:19.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
forget all that its working fine now, re-did step 6 and it seemed to do more than it did first time (more like i closed xterm before it finished whatever it was doing first time!)

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Firstly, top work dj_steve and anyone else involved in NITDroid.

Just wondering what the story is with phone radio support ?

Is it coming along ?
Or have you hit a roadblock ?

Also, once all hardware is working in NITDroid, do you see us ever getting to the point where we can make NITDroid the primary OS running from the 256MB OneNAND flash (with Maemo running from the SD Card ?) ?

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
Firstly, top work dj_steve and anyone else involved in NITDroid.

Just wondering what the story is with phone radio support ?

Is it coming along ?
Or have you hit a roadblock ?

Also, once all hardware is working in NITDroid, do you see us ever getting to the point where we can make NITDroid the primary OS running from the 256MB OneNAND flash (with Maemo running from the SD Card ?) ?
phone support is slow to do.

i doubt maemo would be moveable to sd as we still use parts of it heavily for things like battery charging etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
i can run 720p videos with nitdroid?

Hi all,

I tried the automated setup first and it failed to load although was able to get the white bootmenu with 3 options.. I found loads of problems so started again, with the manual method. Well I started on Page 1 of the thread and ran through each step. Got the the very end and rebooted as it suggested and the same white boot menu came up but this time only had 1 option on the menu and that was Nitdroid.

after 30 seconds it counts down and automatically loads a lot of lines. I don't see anything that suggests a problem. after about 40 seconds it stops with a white cursor in the top left hand corner. it just sits there not moving. - I am guessing this is not right.

Any ideas as to why it's doing this?

Only way to start again - take battery out and replace, in which case the whole cycle starts again. I opened the keyboard and pressed U with the USB cable in and managed to stop the boot, but here there a little icon below the Nokia now...

Any ideas how I get it back to Maemo... or is that history now! - I am happy to flash it if that is the only solution...

Cheers,

Mike
p.s. Does the automated way of doing things via the Nitdroid site work?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ilovemmgo1 View Post
i can run 720p videos with nitdroid?
Yes. Using RockPlayer. BUT, it will only play it at around 2-3fps. If you overclock Nitdroid to 1GHz, it plays at around 5-8fps. Still not watchable by any means.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
hey, could anyone tell me how to fix the desktop graphic issue...

so the statusbar on the top is not fullscreen when you pull it down, steve said, there is a guide to fix it, but i didn`t found....?!

thx horrorschow

Last edited by horrorschow; 2010-08-08 at 09:48.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
am sure i told you how to fix in pm.

and FWIW : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ity#post765120 < explains the fix so actualyl it is posted

Closed Thread