Active Topics

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Tartu, Estonia
no mobile that can play NES games is worth ditching.

What a loaded goodbye message.

Good God man, its fine that you got bored and wanted something else. You don't have to incite arguments like that.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
I keep hearing how this is such a big phone? I used to own an O2 XDA-EXECUTIVE which IMHO, had the best form factor for a phone, but that thing is HUGE!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
I keep hearing how this is such a big phone? I used to own an O2 XDA-EXECUTIVE which IMHO, had the best form factor for a phone, but that thing is HUGE!
If I am not mistaken it was one of the if not the fattest phones released in that year or since for that matter.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Do you really mean to tell me you think we've got not one, but two testing processes each so bulletproof that a Trojan couldn't make it through, and Apple and Google are what, simply incompetent? Keep in mind we have two completely independent routes to the device -- the community option where apps go through extras-testing->testers->extras, and the Ovi store (I've no clue what sort of QC Ovi imposes on that side), and an attacker can pick whichever is less secure.

We're Trojan-free for one reason, and that's because we are not popular enough to be worth attacking. Compared with Android's capabilities-based security, we're really not even trying. (I'm not complaining here -- I'd rather not have that security layer in the way -- but facts are facts.)
so true, but I wouldn't overestimate apple or google either, they may well be incompetent. I can't speak for google but apple have already shown that they don't really check what an app is doing or is capable of with the tethering app disguised as a flashlight.

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
tl;dr: too much phone for op, would rather more candy/prefer senselessly reversed 'linux' distribution with a haphazardly optimized dalvik vm atop it.

I made the opposite move several months ago and I don't regret it. Android is the new iPhone, except the zealotry is slightly more justified.

I guess if going through loops (depending on your carrier) to be able to perform simple command line functions on a 'linux' device is your cup o' tea, by all means... have at it!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by adnanmbs View Post
It was such a hassle to slide the keyboard or search a contact properly and time is money as we all understand.
"A hassle to slide the keyboard" ROTFLMAO!

I'll miss your sense of humor dude!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
"A hassle to slide the keyboard" ROTFLMAO!

I'll miss your sense of humor dude!
come on people, no need to defend a flaw. he has a point one handed contact search is a hassle if you have to slide the keyboard open. We need to start treating peoples criticisms with respect or even better, a possible solution.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Sorry, I still think that's hilarious.

I've never used the keyboard to search the contacts however. I would use the alphabet shortcuts on the side of the screen and yes, I use one hand.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
come on people, no need to defend a flaw. he has a point one handed contact search is a hassle if you have to slide the keyboard open. We need to start treating peoples criticisms with respect or even better, a possible solution.
Not really. All you need is to set the Contacts app as a shortcut on the desktop, press it in portrait and use the alphabetical sorters.

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, howmanymore??