Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
thanks uryon, any pointers how I get it?

tbh, write access isnt too important for my project, but I do need a way to view the files within ossofilemanager. but it seems I can only view the files as root. =(

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I've no idea whether ntfs-3g has been compiled for the N900. Do a search, if you don't find anything then maybe put out a request.

I found a kernel package in the appmanager which claimed to have ntfs read/write but I had no luck with that.

With hindsight I actually think a read only format would probably be safer anyway, but there must be a way to view that mount point, maybe I have to chmod its permissions or something?

Even using MC (which Is no good for this specific task) I can only view the mount if I run it as root.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Originally Posted by jamiefuller View Post
Hi Woody,

I will do just as soon as I iron out a few bugs, the big one at the moment is ntfs is mounted as readonly, and the file browser doesnt show read-only files...which makes it hard to browse files.

once I have a fully working script I'll flag it as solved. =)

FileBox
maybe ?

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
thanks theonelaw, filebox is brilliant! its almost perfect....buuuuuuut =)

when launching a file such as an avi the media player, can't access the file, so I think I need to make the mount publically accessable...unfortunatly I havn't much of a clue about that =)

on a side note, its great to get such possitive assistance from the forum =)

You could try adding these options to the mount command:

Code:
-o uid=user,gid=users

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Kureyon!!! I could kiss ya!

that (nearly) worked, for some reason if I add "-o uid=user" i get an invalid argument error, which is strange to say the least.

however running the command with "-o uid=29999" worked!!!! and I have public access to the share, thank you,

am I right in assuming that number could be different on others n900 though?

Originally Posted by jamiefuller View Post
that (nearly) worked, for some reason if I add "-o uid=user" i get an invalid argument error, which is strange to say the least.
It's a cut-down version of mount (busybox) so doesn't do the username to uid translation!

am I right in assuming that number could be different on others n900 though?
I think by default it should be the same (at least for the same PR version). Only reason it might be different is if people messed about with adding and removing users.