Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
If you have web page widgets on your desktop try to remove them all and reboot. If that fixes your problem then try adding them back one by one, maybe one of the pages is causing issues when it tries to update the thumbnail or something. Just a guess.
i was also gussed the same thing,,but its not worked.....
anyone help me please........thanks

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
Make sure it really got killed, if it's stuck then you need to kill -9 it.

Originally Posted by onion View Post
Make sure it really got killed, if it's stuck then you need to kill -9 it.
it get killed but after a second again it started........kill -9...what does it mean?/

-9 means SIGKILL
you could also use kill -KILL pid

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pawan4ever4one View Post
it get killed but after a second again it started........kill -9...what does it mean?/
It's supposed to be restarted, so that is ok.

The -9 is parameter to the "kill" program that is used to send signals to processes. The 9 signal is the KILL signal that a program can not ignore and should really kill the program. The default signal sent by kill asks the program to exit nicely but if it's stuck then the only option is to kill -9 it.

http://linux.die.net/man/1/kill

Hi all,

my N900 started having the same problem after flashing to pr1.3... browserd starts hogging 97% of the cpu as soon as i open the browser, then if i close the browser and disconnect, it keeps hogging it at almost 99%!!

The only way then is to run kill -9 PID from the terminal every time, but of course that's not a solution... any idea what's going on? is this a pr1.3 bug?

You say the problem appears as soon as you open the browser. Does that mean, just open the browser, and not even load a web page? If so, then try erasing all your bookmarks.

Originally Posted by DonDino View Post
Hi all,

my N900 started having the same problem after flashing to pr1.3... browserd starts hogging 97% of the cpu as soon as i open the browser, then if i close the browser and disconnect, it keeps hogging it at almost 99%!!

The only way then is to run kill -9 PID from the terminal every time, but of course that's not a solution... any idea what's going on? is this a pr1.3 bug?

I have exactly the same problem after installing 1.3. Last night my fully charged battery was gone in less than an hour. I can kill browserd, but keep checking whether or not it is running in the background is rather cumbersome. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
By the way, the software updater could not install 1.3, I had to flash my N900, but that seemed to work alright

Originally Posted by pietgispen View Post
I have exactly the same problem after installing 1.3. Last night my fully charged battery was gone in less than an hour. I can kill browserd, but keep checking whether or not it is running in the background is rather cumbersome. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
By the way, the software updater could not install 1.3, I had to flash my N900, but that seemed to work alright

i think u have installed some of network utilities...including mobilehotspot
i have also the same problem.....
but when i uninstalled the mobilehotspot.....
then browserd process in only running when we open the microb....
and now my battery is lasting for around 30hours.......

Originally Posted by pawan4ever4one View Post
i think u have installed some of network utilities...including mobilehotspot
i have also the same problem.....
but when i uninstalled the mobilehotspot.....
then browserd process in only running when we open the microb....
and now my battery is lasting for around 30hours.......
Thanks for the tip, but to my knowledge I have no such utilities installed. Perhaps it is another program or widget, but I wouldn't no how to check which one might cause the problem.

Piet

Tags
battery drain, browserd, cheese w/ wine