Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
odd, unless the extraction lost the +x of the file that should work.

Could you run mytube in a terminal and look for errors?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
Originally Posted by johnpad View Post
Hi,

Here is the tar of my modified script which seems to be working for me. Good suggestion to drop it in a user area (though I think it will need to be a unix, not FAT, partition for the file permissions).

Maybe save it to /home/user/MyDocs
Then add the settings in mYTube:
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x -f 5 -o %d -- %s
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
John
niice very much ,, lol thanks a million .. but how exactly do i use this ! sorry for so many questions but im so glad someone is trying !just neefd a lil more help lol

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

.. but how exactly do i use this
1 Browse to this thread on your tablet browser
2 Download the file to MyDocs (or copy it over from your computer)
3 Start up a terminal window
4 Type
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
tar -xvf youtube-dl-x.tar
5 Check the permissions are correct
Code:
chmod 755 youtube-dl-x
6 Start up mYTube
7 Go to the settings for youtube-dl and enter
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x -f 5 -o %d -- %s
If this is not working, you can start to debug by running the script from the terminal.

Go to the terminal and run
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0FOZ0-VpcU
Then email the result to this thread and hopefully we can help to get it going.

Good luck -John

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnpad For This Useful Post:
Hi john, i found a solution for getpass from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=405435&postcount=5 but it didnt work. the new output from terminal window is here:

---------------------
###DeltaTime[ before main import ]: 0.01
>>>init conf
###DeltaTime[ after ]: 0.49
using DEVELOPER env
###DeltaTime[ before main class ]: 0.49
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/lgc/guimytube.py:855: GtkWarning: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem
self.window.set_menu(file_menu)
>>>createListChooser
creating lists
>>>forcing height to 40
>>>createListChooser
changed saved
null callback
###DeltaTime[ main class loaded ]: 1.85
###DeltaTime[ workers: begin ]: 1.98
###DeltaTime[ workers: started ]: 3.77
>>>>set details
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/ui/details.py:80: DeprecationWarning: use GtkWidget.set_size_request
obj.set_usize(340, 140)
changed ...
nothing changed
changed more ...
null callback
worker adding request
bgworker got a job
searching most viewed
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/stand...&time=all_time
retract ended
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/ui/kinetic.py:174: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
0, 0)
ERROR list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/lgc/ybgworker.py", line 34, in run
self.work()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/lgc/ybgworker.py", line 91, in work
yentry = YEntry.loadVideoFromResp(video, cli)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/lgc/yentry.py", line 81, in loadVideoFromResp
thumb_url = cli.get_smallest_thumbnail(video)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mytube/lgc/yclient.py", line 159, in get_smallest_thumbnail
return thumbnails[sizes[0]][0]
IndexError: list index out of range
method return sender=:1.5 -> dest=:1.248
uint32 33
not selected, skipping
cb_rowSelectedKinetic <mytube.lgc.yentry.YEntry instance at 0x40c55350>
downloadVideo yentry Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris
CREATED a streamer for Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris
>>>Alive = True
WORKER waiting sir
worker is now downloading [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffac...youtube_gdata] -> [/media/mmc2/mtube/kffacxfA7G4/Justin.Bieber.-.Baby.ft.Ludacris.flv]
launch youtube-dl [/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x -f 5 -o /media/mmc2/mtube/kffacxfA7G4/Justin.Bieber.-.Baby.ft.Ludacris.flv -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffac...youtube_gdata]

File "/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x", line 2235, in <module>

import getpass

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/getpass.py", line 1

ties to get a password and/or the current user name.

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

WORKER fired
downloadVideo yentry Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris
CREATED a streamer for Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris
WORKER waiting sir
>>>Alive = True
worker is now downloading [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffac...youtube_gdata] -> [/media/mmc2/mtube/kffacxfA7G4/Justin.Bieber.-.Baby.ft.Ludacris.flv]
launch youtube-dl [/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x -f 5 -o /media/mmc2/mtube/kffacxfA7G4/Justin.Bieber.-.Baby.ft.Ludacris.flv -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffac...youtube_gdata]

File "/home/user/MyDocs/youtube-dl-x", line 2235, in <module>

import getpass

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/getpass.py", line 1

ties to get a password and/or the current user name.

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

WORKER fired
delete event occurred
destroy signal occurred
terminating ystream for kffacxfA7G4
videoserve terminating ...
killing 12710
videoserve terminated ...
bgworker got a job
bgworker terminated
-------------

please let me know the problem & sol. thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by johnpad View Post
1 Browse to this thread on your tablet browser
2 Download the file to MyDocs (or copy it over from your computer)
3 Start up a terminal window

Good luck -John
hi John & Tso,

John, i tried all your suggestion exactly but unfortunately it didn't work! here is the fresult from terminal:

ImportError: No module named getpass
Nokia-N810-43-7:/home/user/MyDocs#

appropriate if u can tell how can i overcome this "getpass" error. thanks in advance.

Last edited by svrkprabhakar; 2011-01-10 at 13:24.

Dear John, Tso and all reading this post, I could able to fix the problem successfully with the script uploaded by John. The problem with the getpass that I could fix with the help of the script I got from here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=405435&postcount=5

Now the mytube is downloading and playing youtube videos successfully...well, for the first time in my N810 use. Thanks guys for taking me to the promised land:-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to svrkprabhakar For This Useful Post:
wwuuujjjuuuuuu dat is awesooooome ,,,, ;-( i still don know how to fix it thou im not sure how to place files and all that i ate to ask again but just like above with a few more detailed steps for me (like john did) but how to put whatever in *mydocs* not sure how to do any of that ! im so happy thou that you all got it workin i like seeing this community getting their heads together as a team ++++

thanks in advance
blessings n§

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds

just a lil more detailed "how to" :-D

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Mobile Phone
Handhelds

Hi eneitten,

Not a big deal, you can do it with little learning. I used Emelfm2 browser launched in root mode (for having root previleages you need to download and install getroot or other application (http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/rootsh). Here are the steps:

1. Install root sh from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/rootsh.

2. Install Emelfm2 from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/emelfm2. This is an advanced file browser to browse around the file structure in Maemo.

3. Launch terminal window (the one looks like dos command prompt) and type root at the prompt. This should give you root privileges.

4. Type emelfm2. This should launch emelfm2 in root mode. You can see two panes one on the right and one on the left. You need to explore/learn little to use emelfm2. The buttons in the center of two panes will help you to move/delete/copy files. You can do all this with a useless file downloaded from internet. Save your temporary file in internal memory (/media/mmc2)or external memory card (/media/mmc1) [PS: You also need to learn a bit about directory structure to navigate around in the file system so that you are comfortable with what you are doing]

5. Type the path "/home/user/MyDocs" in one of the panes in emelfm2. This will list all the files in that pane of the window (I understand that before this you have already downloaded John's file into mydocs).

6. In the other pane of emelfm2, type /usr/bin/python2.5 and check if there is a file named getpass.py. If you dont see it listed there, you need to create one. For this, launch another new terminal window (since the currently opened terminal window is already running emelfm2 in root mode so you cannot use it anymore until you exit emelfm2) from dropdown menu >window>new window. From the new terminal window, type root, and once you get root privileges, type cd /usr/bin/python2.5 at the prompt. And then type VI getpass.py (VI is an editor for making and editing files, it is a very primitive editor in command mode and you need to learn a bit (use the guide from here: http://www.eng.hawaii.edu/Tutor/vi.html). At the command prompt you will see that an empty white space with some text at the bottom is created. Just keep the window as such.

7. Copy the script from this link in the web browser: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=405435&postcount=5 (ctrl+c in the browser after selecting the entire script, make sure that you have selected the entire script without missing any text since the browser may not show you the entire script from top to bottom in one screen so you need to scroll down to get to the bottom by holding down the stylus while selecting the text and pulling it down to the bottom).

8. Now, go to the terminal window with VI open, from the dropdown menu, go to edit>past. This should past all the text you copied from the browser.

9. Press esc button or click on esc text at the bottom of the VI editor, press shift and type :wq (this command is to save and exit the VI editor). Now you have created the file getpass.py. You can check if the file is created or not from the emelfm2.

10. At the same above terminal window, follow the step 4 onwards that john posted previously. See what happens and let us know.

By the way, MyDocs is nothing but the Nokia N810 folder you see when you launch File Manager builtin N810 (but not the another folder with the name Documents you will see in Nokia N810 folder). All the best!

Last edited by svrkprabhakar; 2011-01-10 at 17:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to svrkprabhakar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
johnpad and svrkprabhakar, I don't have this working yet, and I'm going to try more before posting questions, but

Thanks!

It's wonderful to see the old generosity of this forum still manifesting!

Thank you very much for the patched file!!!

I just copied the file youtube-dl-x over the previous one in directory /usr/bin and mytube works again.

Of course, you need to use sudo gainroot or similar to to copy to /urs/bin. And be careful!